Getting to know me!


 Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie. Let me tell you a little bit about how I, a laid off 25 year old, received an opportunity of a lifetime. 2020 was a hard, and some may even say a devastating, year for a lot of us. In May 2020, I was laid off from a job working in manufacturing. I thought there was no way I would lose my job to Covid-19. Man was I a fool. Getting ready to head to work I got the phone call that we all dread getting. My world shattered. How was I going to afford to pay my bills and support my family? I had given so much and was in a really good spot in my career. After my personal pity party I began looking for work. I applied everywhere you could think of. Literally everywhere. Nothing kills your self confidence more than getting rejected from McDonald's. Everywhere seemed to be in the same boat. The pandemic took a lot of individuals' jobs.

 Fast forward a year later, and what do I find in my mailbox? A letter from the Trade Act telling me about this grand opportunity to go back to college for free. Excuse me? Did that say free? There was no way this was a real letter from a real organization in the government offering me to go back and get an education. With all the scams that were going around it just smelled fishy. A few weeks went by, and I received a phone call from the Trade Act. Turns out I was a fool again! Realizing that letter was a real offer, I signed up faster than you could imagine. Then the question arose. What do I want to go back to school for? I had looked through LBCC's catalog at least 50 times. Finally I made a decision and am now pursuing my Practical Business Management Degree. Of course that meant I would have to enroll in a marketing class!

 So now we are caught up to the present! I must say I am rather excited about this marketing class and to learn more about what marketing is really about. In a world full of advertisements, I am interest to learn how we got to where we are and the impact it has on everyday life. 

  As if the first two paragraphs were not personal enough, let's talk about somethings that keep me going outside of going back to school. As I upload more to this blog you will see that I love being a creative person. I enjoy expressing myself through the world of art in all mediums. You can find me painting, cooking/baking, watching Star Wars, or engulfed in a true crime.

 I cannot wait to dive further into this class and share some more posts with you all!

Comments

Popular Posts